Septic, Sewer & Drain Services
Talk to a Live Person Now! Free Phone Estimate!
Water Heaters Installation & Repair
Shopping for a new Water Heater can be daunting. Because it is such a large purchase, it is important to make sure you get the right one for your home and specific needs. Whether you are in the market to replace an old water heater or want to upgrade to a bigger size, Able Plumbing Sewer & Drain can help.
The size of of your family, the utilites in your area and the space available for your water heater all play a role in determining how to choose the best water heater. It is important to keep the following things in mind:
- Storage tank water heaters are the most common type and the best water heaters to buy. These units have an insulated tank where water is heated and stored until it is needed. They are available in electric liquid propane (LP) and natual gas models. Natural gas and LP water heaters normally use less energy and are less expensive to operate than electric models of the same size.
- Storage Tank Water Heaters are designated by the amount of water they hold, in gallons. Tank size is one of the major considerations when purchasing one of these water heaters . If you intend to use a storage tank water heater, use our chart as a guide to finding the size you need.
- Another consideration for storage water heaters is recovery rate - the number of gallons of water they can heat in an hour. The greater your demand for hot water, the higher recovery rate you need.
- When you buy a water heater, look at the efficiency and yearly operating costs of a water heater before you decide which one is right for your needs. This information can be found on the Energy Guide label.
- Know the dimensions of the space where your water heater resides. If your hot water use increases and you need to upgrade to a larger tank size, it may be necessary to run plumbing to a different area so the new, larger unit will fit.
ABLE Plumbing is the Plumbing, Sewer and Drain Cleaning Company that "Other People Recommend".
Trusted and recommended, we guarantee our work.
Water Heater Repair and Installation, San Jose
Out of Hot Water? Installation of Water Heaters is only one of the Plumbing services we offer at Able Plumbing Sewer & Drain
Serving: San Jose, Sunnyvale, Morgan Hill, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Campbell, Atherton, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Fremont, Los Gatos, Mountain View and Newark.
to a Live Person!
Water Heater Size Chart
PeopleGallons 5 or more 50-80
Description of Problem